TestCon Vilnius 2018
Trivago N.V., Germany
Rohit is a value-oriented and hands-on Software Engineer with 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance Domain. He always look forward to bring up new ideas which can make him and his team more effective and productive. He believes in giving back to the community by sharing and open sourcing his ideas. He has worked on both mobile & web automation, and is currently learning more in ML and AI domain. He pays attention to build a team with right mindset, values, feedback culture, etc. He also enjoys learning new skills, sharing the knowledge and playing badminton.
Insights for Building it the Right Way!
Many good product and project teams try to understand different things when they’re asked to build a new feature. But how do we know whether our reasons are actually good enough? Are we tracking user’s activity and feedback about the feature/product? Do we have analytics in place for all our features? How are we validating that key/value is set correctly for various events in analytics while feature development? How about automating these processes with day-to-day testing?
I will cover how we automated analytics and started getting more value out of it after its integration with functional tests and CI. Will also talk about a utility (Sentiment Analyser) we developed which helps us to generate meaningful reports from user’s feedback on daily basis and figuring out issues which we introduced in production with last release.
Structure of the Presentation:
- Understanding Problem Statements
- Various data sources where we store our analytics data
- How can we use these sources to get some insightful information?
- Data sources where users/customers post their feedback about our products
- Our manual v/s automated approach
- Utilities in action- Analytics Automation and Sentiment Analyser
- Challenges faced during this journey
- Next steps
- Understanding benefits of analytics and automating the same with funtional tests in CI
- Understanding the value of customer feedback
- Figuring out bugs and crashes from feedback
- Using reports from Sentiment Analyzer to improve product quality
- Improving overall quality of the product